Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lazy Days

We traveled to Georgia this weekend to visit Papa D and Gee Gee. It was a great time of lounging in the hammock, riding in the woods, catching up on Food Network, and eating lots and lots of yummy food.


Caroline definitely has her grandparents wrapped around her finger. She used her charm to talk them into giving her cracker upon cracker and tons of her new favorite cookie. She was definitely sugared up!!



My birthday was on Sunday so we celebrated with strawberries and pancakes for breakfast and then later in the day David presented me with a birthday cake. It was a last minute idea so you will notice the cake has an Irish theme and a very sad icing message. Evidently, it was so late at the grocery store when he bought the cake that only one person working was willing to try to write a birthday message on my cake! Then to top that off the only candles his parents had in the house were leftover from his grandad's 90th birthday party. So today, unexpectedly I celebrated my 95th birthday! Don't I look good for my age!!! ;)



The next picture will have to be explained. A DeWeil Family tradition is that the birthday girl or boy has to take the first bite out of their cake. Usually it's a year-long competition to see who can take the biggest bite. David was laughing at my pitiful effort.



All in all we had a great weekend! Thanks Papa D and Gee Gee!

No comments:

Post a Comment