Wednesday, October 31, 2012

In the Kitchen

   I love to cook.  I love reading food magazines and watching cooking shows.  It really is a way that I love on my family and friends and open up our home to love on others.  I especially love trying new recipes and man did I find a keeper the other day.  I knew I had to share it on the blog.  


Pecan-Crusted Pork with Orange-Maple Glaze
From Better Homes & Gardens


ingredients    1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/2 lb.)    1/2 tsp salt    1/4 tsp ground black pepper    4 tbsp pure maple syrup    1 cup pecans, finely chopped    2 tbsp vegetable oil    1/2 cup orange juice    1/4 tsp ground cumin    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
directions    1.  Trim pork, then cut in 1/2-inch slices.  Season with salt & pepper.
    
    2.  Place 3 tbsp syrup in dish; place pecans in second dish.  In 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium heat.  Coat pork in syrup, then press in pecans.  Place pork in skillet in single layer; top with remaining pecans and syrup (I had no remaining) from dish.  Cook 5 minutes each side, until pork is no longer pink.  Remove from skillet.  Remove pecans from skillet.
   
   3.  Combine orange juice, remaining 1 tbsp syrup, cumin and cayenne and pour into skillet.  Cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened.  Pour over pork.

I served it with roasted green beans and roasted sweet potatoes.  It was delish!   Do yourself a favor and make this tonight! So yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment