Monday, January 7, 2013

Renew

Another year has been closed.  The new calendars have been opened.  It's the first year that I have not made lists of goals for all facets of my life.  There have been no sheets filled with bulleted items of physical, spiritual, relational aspirations.  There have been no revolutions within our home of pursuits toward forming new habits.  That energy that usually infuses my mind and spirit during the month of January has been absent.  But this year I don't feel that push toward making those lists and setting down on paper those goals.  This year I just long for one singular focus.  One thing to keep me on track as the months tick by.

This year instead of those lists I have chosen one word to pursue:  RENEW.



"He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit." 
~Titus 3:5

I chose RENEW because for too long I have felt like I was in a holding pattern.  Every day my mind wages war and I enter into battle to find the truth that will sustain me.  Some days I wave a white flag and find myself allowing the enemy to gain ground and other days I have stood firm and fought back.  



"And have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator." 
~ Colossians 3:10

I need a renewal of my mind, of my heart, of my identity, of my spirit.  2012 gave me a beating and these weary bones need some new life infused into them.  



"Therefore we do not lose heart.  Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." ~2 Corinthians 4:16

How does one go about finding renewal?  


I believe the only source capable to restore me is the One who made me.  It is to Him that I will surrender myself.  


I plan to embark on The Romans Project where I will hide His sacred Word in my heart.  




"What a heart knows by heart is what a heart really knows,"  urges Dennis Lennon.  And what the heart knows by heart is all that can calm the heart.  And direct the heart.  And strengthen the heart. ~ source
God's Word never returns void.  I'm counting on that this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment